dcolumn

Brian Quinif
Does anyone out there use dcolumn=TRUE in the latex() function in the
Hmisc library?

I would like to line up the data in a latex table I'm making using
latex(), but I'm having some issues with this feature.  Since there is
no description of it in the help, I thought that it might be
incomplete or something like that.

On a related note, if anyone knows how to get the end result I want
(LaTeX table with data aligned by decimal point), I'd love to hear it.
 I have been having issues with this which I think might be related to
the fact that I have std. errors enclosed in parentheses.

Thanks,

BQ

Re: dcolumn

Frank Harrell
Brian Quinif wrote:
> Does anyone out there use dcolumn=TRUE in the latex() function in the
> Hmisc library?
>
> I would like to line up the data in a latex table I'm making using
> latex(), but I'm having some issues with this feature.  Since there is
> no description of it in the help, I thought that it might be
> incomplete or something like that.

?latex points you to ?format.df for dcolumn

> On a related note, if anyone knows how to get the end result I want
> (LaTeX table with data aligned by decimal point), I'd love to hear it.
>  I have been having issues with this which I think might be related to
> the fact that I have std. errors enclosed in parentheses.

For such customized non-numeric formats you might want to just include
latex markup inside the character strings.

FH

> Thanks,
>
> BQ

Frank Harrell