derivatives and integrals in R

David Kaplan-3
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good reference for taking scalar and matrix
derivatives in R, and also doing integration in R.  I've searched the
list and have not come across anything thus far.  Thanks in advance,

David

David Kaplan, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Educational Psychology
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Educational Sciences, Room, 1061
1025 W. Johnson Street
Madison, WI 53706

email: [hidden email]
homepage:
http://www.education.wisc.edu/edpsych/default.aspx?content=kaplan.html
Phone: 608-262-0836

Re: derivatives and integrals in R

Spencer Graves
Hello, David:

      Your question seems to broad, I fear.  RSiteSearch('derivative',
'fun') returned 453 hits for me just now, and RSiteSearch('integral',
'fun') returned 256.

      If you are not familiar with "RSiteSearch", you might play with
that.  Then submit a more focused question, preferably including
commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code illustrating
something you tried that didn't work, as suggested in the posting guide
"http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer