devtools: rtools not compatible with 3.0.1

devtools: rtools not compatible with 3.0.1

Alexander Shenkin
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to load devtools in R 3.0.1 in order to run the dev version
of lme4.  I've updated devtools, and just installed Rtools30.exe.
However, I get the following warning (in R-Studio, RGui, and R.exe, both
x64 and i386):

-----------------
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages, but no version of
Rtools compatible with R 3.0.1 was found. (Only the following
incompatible version(s) of Rtools were found:3.0)

Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools from
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/ and then run find_rtools().
-----------------

Any ideas?  Rtools30.exe is the most recent that I can find.

Thanks,
Allie

R 3.0.1
Win 7 Pro x64 SP1

Re: devtools: rtools not compatible with 3.0.1

bbolker
Alexander Shenkin <ashenkin <at> ufl.edu> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm trying to load devtools in R 3.0.1 in order to run the dev version
> of lme4.  I've updated devtools, and just installed Rtools30.exe.
> However, I get the following warning (in R-Studio, RGui, and R.exe, both
> x64 and i386):

  There's a bit of chicken-and-egg problem here, but devtools
has recently been updated to deal with this problem.

https://github.com/hadley/devtools/pull/298

  Until a new version makes it onto CRAN, you might have to
clone/download the repository and install the package from there.
(Let me know off-list if you want me to pack up the package and
send it to you ...)

  Ben Bolker