drilling down data on charts

sachinthaka.abeywardana

Hey all,

Suppose a=b^2 for starters. I want to be able to create a graph that
displays a initially and if i was to click on 'a' to show 'b' on the chart
itself. Does anyone know if this is possible in R?

Also as an extension (not necessary as yet) to output the above into a
'html' file.

Thanks,
Sachin

--- Please consider the environment before printing this email ---

Allianz - General Insurance Company of the Year 2009+
+ Australia and New Zealand Insurance Industry Awards

This email and any attachments has been sent by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) and is intended solely for the addressee. It is confidential, may contain personal information and may be subject to legal professional privilege. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this by mistake, confidentiality and any legal privilege are not waived or lost and we ask that you contact the sender and delete and destroy this and any other copies. In relation to any legal use you may make of the contents of this email, you must ensure that you comply with the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and you should note that the contents may be subject to copyright and therefore may not be reproduced, communicated or adapted without the express consent of the owner of the copyright.
Allianz will not be liable in connection with any data corruption, interruption, delay, computer virus or unauthorised access or amendment to the contents of this email. If this email is a commercial electronic message and you would prefer not to receive further commercial electronic messages from Allianz, please forward a copy of this email to [hidden email] with the word unsubscribe in the subject header.

Re: drilling down data on charts

sachinthaka.abeywardana
Just to clarify I meant opening it in a new window (and perhaps closing old
frame?).

Thanks again,
Sachin

             Sachinthaka
             Abeywardana/HO/Al
             lianz-AU                                                   To
                                       [hidden email]
             14/10/2010 10:00                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       drilling down data on charts
              Please consider
             the environment
             before printing
             this email

[...]

Greg Snow-2
It is not clear what exactly you want.  Try looking at the functions TkPredict, TkSpline, and TkApprox in the TeachingDemos package to see if any of those do what you want.

If not, give a bit more of a description and include some sample data.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center

jverzaniNWBKZ
Greg Snow <Greg.Snow <at> imail.org> writes:

> It is not clear what exactly you want.  Try looking at the functions
TkPredict, TkSpline, and TkApprox in the
> TeachingDemos package to see if any of those do what you want.
>
> If not, give a bit more of a description and include some sample data.

You could program something by using locator() perhaps although as
Greg mentions
it isn't clear what you want.

Along those lines, in addition to the above mentioned packages,
you might want to look at some packages that use cairoDevice
to create interactive graphic displays. For example, you might
find ready made features in playwith or you can use gWidgetsRGtk2
to create something on your own.