eps parameer in equiv.test

Sorkin, John
I am trying to understand the meaning of the eps parameter of the equiv.test parameter of the equiv.test function (package equivUMP)

The help file for equiv.test states that the parameter eps is "a single strictly positive number giving the equivalence limits"
What is the scale of measurement of eps? It does not appear to be the same scale as the scale used for the two vectors that are passed to, and which are tested. Is the eps' scale of measurement the pooled SD of the two vectors, is it the SD of the difference, is it the pooled SE of the difference, is it the SE of the difference? Perhaps it is something entirely different.
Thank you,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Re: eps parameer in equiv.test

Bert Gunter-2
See the "details" section, which clearly states:

"*theta = (mu_x - mu_y - mu) / sigma "*

where mu is an optional shift parameter. For simplicity, let mu = 0 ,and
the text in the details section
shows that eps is on the theta scale, i.e. the "standardized" difference.

sticking things into it."