errorbars with xyplot

Ronny Hannemann
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to R and I like to learn a lot... actually I have a little
problem concerning errorbars with xyplot.

My data look like
  run target   hemi             x
1   1 Nichts  Links  0.0007743240
2   2 Nichts  Links -0.0008153365
3   1 Target  Links -0.0015825950
4   2 Target  Links  0.0088743785
5   1 Nichts Rechts  0.0015898995
6   2 Nichts Rechts -0.0011465190
7   1 Target Rechts -0.0022225320
8   2 Target Rechts  0.0039010500

these data I plotted with xyplot(data=dummyy,
x~hemi|target,groups=run,type="p")

the same I do have with standard errors of means...

How could I attach errorbars to the datapoints?  I found some R-code from
Dec 2002 but I dont work (and I did not understand it...)

Thanks for helping me, maybe others out there will find it usefull too.

Best
Ronny

Re: errorbars with xyplot

Frank Harrell
Ronny Hannemann wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm very new to R and I like to learn a lot... actually I have a little
> problem concerning errorbars with xyplot.
>
> My data look like
>   run target   hemi             x
> 1   1 Nichts  Links  0.0007743240
> 2   2 Nichts  Links -0.0008153365
> 3   1 Target  Links -0.0015825950
> 4   2 Target  Links  0.0088743785
> 5   1 Nichts Rechts  0.0015898995
> 6   2 Nichts Rechts -0.0011465190
> 7   1 Target Rechts -0.0022225320
> 8   2 Target Rechts  0.0039010500
>
> these data I plotted with xyplot(data=dummyy,
> x~hemi|target,groups=run,type="p")
>
> the same I do have with standard errors of means...
>
> How could I attach errorbars to the datapoints?  I found some R-code from
> Dec 2002 but I dont work (and I did not understand it...)
>
> Thanks for helping me, maybe others out there will find it usefull too.
>
> Best
> Ronny

library(Hmisc)
?xYplot

Frank Harrell

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chair           School of Medicine

Frank Harrell