fBrowser in Rmetrics - does it exist? [r-sig-finance]

fBrowser in Rmetrics - does it exist? [r-sig-finance]

Liviu Andronic
Dear useRs,

I have tried my luck on R-help, with no luck. So, here I go:

I have read in several sources [1] [2] [3] that Rmetrics includes an
Rcmdr-based graphical user interface named fBrowser GUI. However, I
have a hard time finding it anywhere (on the net, etc.), nor do I
manage to load it (having had Rmetrics installed).

Could anyone shed some light on this? Does fBrowser exist, and if it
does, how should one install/use it?

Thank you in advance,
Liviu

[1] http://zoonek.free.fr/blosxom/R/2006-06-22_useR2006.html
(2.Tutorial: Rmetrics)
[2] http://www.r-project.org/useR-2006/Tutorials/Wuertz.html
[3] http://zoonek2.free.fr/UNIX/48_R/01.html#4

-- Subscriber-posting only.
-- If you want to post, subscribe first.

Re: fBrowser in Rmetrics - does it exist? [r-sig-finance]

Yohan Chalabi
"Liviu Andronic" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Dear useRs,
>
> I have tried my luck on R-help, with no luck. So, here I go:
>
> I have read in several sources [1] [2] [3] that Rmetrics includes an
> Rcmdr-based graphical user interface named fBrowser GUI. However, I
> have a hard time finding it anywhere (on the net, etc.), nor do I
> manage to load it (having had Rmetrics installed).
>
> Could anyone shed some light on this? Does fBrowser exist, and if it
> does, how should one install/use it?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Liviu

Hi Liviu,

fBrowser is rather old and its development was stopped because
Rcmdr was a good alternative.

regards,
Yohan

--

The 2nd International R/Rmetrics User and Developer Workshop ...
[http://www.rmetrics.org]

-- Subscriber-posting only.
-- If you want to post, subscribe first.

Re: fBrowser in Rmetrics - does it exist? [r-sig-finance]

Liviu Andronic
Thank you for answering, Yohan.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:19 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  fBrowser is rather old and its development was stopped because
>  Rcmdr was a good alternative.

No doubt Rcmdr is good -- lacking advanced graphical functionality
that, say, SPSS would provide, but good and looking better with the
recent introduction of the plugins infrastructure. However, I
understood that fBrowser had a more "finance approach" and at the
moment  Rcmdr provides little functionality specific to Finance. I am
curious whether there are any plans for an Rcmdr plugin that would
make use of Rmetrics functions.

Thanks,
Liviu