fatal error: unable to restore saved data

fatal error: unable to restore saved data

Albert Lee, Ph.D.
I just installed the R 2.11.1 version on my computer and I encountered a fatal error: "Unable to restore saved  data in .RData" and kick me out of R right away.  I still can run 2.10.2.  There is no package called "rattle"

I checked various posts regarding this error.  I still can't get it to work.  I removed two files that had .rdata extension and still does not work.  Any suggestion?

Please advise.

How do you check your current working directory?

Albert

Confidentiality Notice: This communication, and any file...{{dropped:12}}

Re: fatal error: unable to restore saved data

Phil Spector
Albert -
    The message refers to a file specifically called ".RData".
Files with subscripts of .rdata are not related.
    You can see your current working directory by typing

getwd()

at the R prompt.

    I'm not sure where "rattle" enters into the picture.

  - Phil Spector
  Statistical Computing Facility
  Department of Statistics
  UC Berkeley
  [hidden email]

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Albert Lee, Ph.D. wrote:

> I just installed the R 2.11.1 version on my computer and I encountered a fatal error: "Unable to restore saved  data in .RData" and kick me out of R right away.  I still can run 2.10.2.  There is no package called "rattle"
>
> I checked various posts regarding this error.  I still can't get it to work.  I removed two files that had .rdata extension and still does not work.  Any suggestion?
>
> Please advise.
>
> How do you check your current working directory?
>
> Albert
>

> Confidentiality Notice: This communication, and any file...{{dropped:12}}

Re: fatal error: unable to restore saved data

PIKAL Petr
Hi

[hidden email] napsal dne 26.06.2010 00:11:33:

> Albert -
>     The message refers to a file specifically called ".RData".
> Files with subscripts of .rdata are not related.
>     You can see your current working directory by typing
>
> getwd()
>
> at the R prompt.
>
>     I'm not sure where "rattle" enters into the picture.

If .Rdata file was saved when rattle was installed and used for some
operation you can get this sort of error. Just install rattle package to R
2.11.1 library and everything shall be OK.

Regards
Petr

>                 - Phil Spector
>                  Statistical Computing Facility
>                  Department of Statistics
>                  UC Berkeley
>                  [hidden email]
>

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Albert Lee, Ph.D. wrote:
>
> > I just installed the R 2.11.1 version on my computer and I encountered
> fatal error: "Unable to restore saved  data in .RData" and kick me out
of R
> right away.  I still can run 2.10.2.  There is no package called
"rattle"

> > I checked various posts regarding this error.  I still can't get it to
work.
> I removed two files that had .rdata extension and still does not work.
Any suggestion?

> > Please advise.
> >
> > How do you check your current working directory?
> >
> > Albert
> >

> > Confidentiality Notice: This communication, and any
file...{{dropped:12}}

Re: fatal error: unable to restore saved data

Arun.stat
I had the same problem sometime back and could not settled it out in factory condition. Then onwards I run R from command prompt and it works property. A little bit cumbersome work for me as double clicking on desktop icon doesn't work.

Arun,