grid and lattice packages not working

Abhai Sawkar
Hi R support team,

I downloaded R from the Internet and tried to use the grid GUI package but
it seems like the graphical functions can't be found.

I did a quick search() and despite the presence of the grid and lattice
packages in my R folder, it doesn't seem to be there either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards
Abhai

Re: grid and lattice packages not working

Bert Gunter-2
?library

You have to load the packages into your workspace to use them.

If I am correct in this guess, then you need to spend some time with an R
tutorial or two before doing anything further. If I am incorrect, then it
may help if you provide the output of sessionInfo().

sticking things into it."

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 1:53 PM Abhai Sawkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R support team,
>
> I downloaded R from the Internet and tried to use the grid GUI package but
> it seems like the graphical functions can't be found.
>
> I did a quick search() and despite the presence of the grid and lattice
> packages in my R folder, it doesn't seem to be there either.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you and kind regards
> Abhai

Re: grid and lattice packages not working

R help mailing list-2
On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 10:12:33 -0700
Abhai Sawkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

It might help if you provided an example of what happens when you
invoke one of the routines.  As it stands, this could be due to several
different causes.

JWdougherty

> Hi R support team,
>
> I downloaded R from the Internet and tried to use the grid GUI
> package but it seems like the graphical functions can't be found.
>
> I did a quick search() and despite the presence of the grid and
> lattice packages in my R folder, it doesn't seem to be there either.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you and kind regards
> Abhai

Re: grid and lattice packages not working

Bert Gunter-2
BTW Abhai:

In case you did not understand, R-Help is **not** an official support
service. It is entirely a volunteer effort, and there is **no guarantee
that you will receive any reply** NOR that replies are correct or even
helpful (although they usually are).  One can considerably enhance the
probability of receiving a helpful reply by reading and following the
posting guide linked below.

As I said earlier, posting the result of sessionInfo() would be useful if
you have not already solved your problem.

sticking things into it."