?grid::grid-package doesn't find the grid-package help page

?grid::grid-package doesn't find the grid-package help page

William Sones
Hi

I've entered the command "?grid::grid-package" on two computers over here and they both direct me to the Arithmetic {base} site (http://127.0.0.1:30753/library/base/html/Arithmetic.html).

Shouldn't this command direct me to the grid-package {grid} site (something like https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/grid/html/grid-package.html)?

This has been performed on R versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 (Windows).

I couldn't find mention of this in Bugzilla, so thought it best to confirm whether this warrants documentation as a bug, or whether alternative methods are preferred for addressing similar (minor) issues.

Thanks

Will

William Sones
Medical Statistician

Email: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Tel: 01865 227887

Oxford Clinical Trials Research Unit
Botnar Research Centre
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology & Musculoskeletal Sciences
University of Oxford
Windmill Road
Oxford, OX3 7LD

Re: ?grid::grid-package doesn't find the grid-package help page

Jeff Newmiller
Try

?grid::`grid-package`

The "-" is not a legal character in a bare symbol.

On March 18, 2019 9:35:17 AM PDT, William Sones <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I've entered the command "?grid::grid-package" on two computers over
>here and they both direct me to the Arithmetic {base} site
>(http://127.0.0.1:30753/library/base/html/Arithmetic.html).
>
>Shouldn't this command direct me to the grid-package {grid} site
>(something like
>https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/grid/html/grid-package.html)?
>
>This has been performed on R versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 (Windows).
>
>I couldn't find mention of this in Bugzilla, so thought it best to
>confirm whether this warrants documentation as a bug, or whether
>alternative methods are preferred for addressing similar (minor)
>issues.
>
>Thanks
>
>Will
>
>William Sones
>Medical Statistician
>
>Email:
>[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>Tel: 01865 227887
>
>Oxford Clinical Trials Research Unit
>Botnar Research Centre
>Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology & Musculoskeletal
>Sciences
>University of Oxford
>Windmill Road
>Oxford, OX3 7LD

Re: ?grid::grid-package doesn't find the grid-package help page

William Sones
To quote Homer Simpson "Doh!".

Thank you Jeff. ?grid::`grid-package`  works perfectly.

Thanks

Will

The "-" is not a legal character in a bare symbol.

On March 18, 2019 9:35:17 AM PDT, William Sones <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I've entered the command "?grid::grid-package" on two computers over
>here and they both direct me to the Arithmetic {base} site
>(http://127.0.0.1:30753/library/base/html/Arithmetic.html).
>
>Shouldn't this command direct me to the grid-package {grid} site
>(something like
>https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/grid/html/grid-package.html)?
>
>This has been performed on R versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 (Windows).
>
>I couldn't find mention of this in Bugzilla, so thought it best to
>confirm whether this warrants documentation as a bug, or whether
>alternative methods are preferred for addressing similar (minor)
>issues.
>
>Thanks
>
>Will
>
>William Sones
>Medical Statistician
>
>Email:
>[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>Tel: 01865 227887
>
>Oxford Clinical Trials Research Unit
>Botnar Research Centre
>Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology & Musculoskeletal
>Sciences University of Oxford Windmill Road Oxford, OX3 7LD

Re: ?grid::grid-package doesn't find the grid-package help page

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 18/03/2019 1:00 p.m., Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> Try
>
> ?grid::`grid-package`
>
> The "-" is not a legal character in a bare symbol.

Or

package?grid::grid

which makes use of the rarely used "type" argument to "?".

Duncan Murdoch

> On March 18, 2019 9:35:17 AM PDT, William Sones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I've entered the command "?grid::grid-package" on two computers over
>> here and they both direct me to the Arithmetic {base} site
>> (http://127.0.0.1:30753/library/base/html/Arithmetic.html).
>>
>> Shouldn't this command direct me to the grid-package {grid} site
>> (something like
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/grid/html/grid-package.html)?
>>
>> This has been performed on R versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 (Windows).
>>
>> I couldn't find mention of this in Bugzilla, so thought it best to
>> confirm whether this warrants documentation as a bug, or whether
>> alternative methods are preferred for addressing similar (minor)
>> issues.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Will
>>
>> William Sones
>> Medical Statistician
>>
>> Email:
>> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Tel: 01865 227887
>>
>> Oxford Clinical Trials Research Unit
>> Botnar Research Centre
>> Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology & Musculoskeletal
>> Sciences
>> University of Oxford
>> Windmill Road
>> Oxford, OX3 7LD
>>

>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Re: ?grid::grid-package doesn't find the grid-package help page

William Sones
Wow! I've never come across this approach before. This will keep me reading for a good few days.

Thanks Duncan!