gridExtra question

Felipe Carrillo

Hi:
I get a couple of warnings  when trying to download gridExtra:
install.packages("gridExtra",repos=http://R-Forge.R-project.org)

 Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.10
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘gridextra’ is not available

I would like to download the binary for windows

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service
California, USA

Re: gridExtra question

Erik Iverson-3
Well, a quick check of

http://r-forge.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/

shows that there is no 2.10 directory, possibly because
it's not very new, 2.12 is scheduled for release in 2 weeks.

Felipe Carrillo wrote:

> Hi:
> I get a couple of warnings  when trying to download gridExtra:
> install.packages("gridExtra",repos=http://R-Forge.R-project.org)
>
>  Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.10
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>   package ‘gridextra’ is not available
>
> I would like to download the binary for windows
>
> Felipe D. Carrillo
> Supervisory Fishery Biologist
> Department of the Interior
> US Fish & Wildlife Service
> California, USA

Re: gridExtra question

Erik Iverson-3
Forgot to mention you should be able to install from a CRAN
mirror.

Felipe Carrillo wrote:

> Hi:
> I get a couple of warnings  when trying to download gridExtra:
> install.packages("gridExtra",repos=http://R-Forge.R-project.org)
>
>  Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.10
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>   package ‘gridextra’ is not available
>
> I would like to download the binary for windows
>
> Felipe D. Carrillo
> Supervisory Fishery Biologist
> Department of the Interior
> US Fish & Wildlife Service
> California, USA

Re: gridExtra question

Ista Zahn-2
Is there some reason you don't want the CRAN version?

-Ista

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Felipe Carrillo <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi:
> I get a couple of warnings  when trying to download gridExtra:
> install.packages("gridExtra",repos=http://R-Forge.R-project.org)
>
>  Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.10
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>   package ‘gridextra’ is not available
>
> I would like to download the binary for windows
>
> Felipe D. Carrillo
> Supervisory Fishery Biologist
> Department of the Interior
> US Fish & Wildlife Service
> California, USA

Ista Zahn
Graduate student
University of Rochester
http://yourpsyche.org

Re: gridExtra question

Felipe Carrillo
I must be blind, CRAN was  my first try and didn't see it there.
It is Friday and time to take a break I guess :-)

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service
California, USA

Re: gridExtra question

Felipe Carrillo
It looks like the list of packages is not refreshing on my pc because
If I go to packages > install packages I don't see it there next to 'gridBase'
but I went to the CRAN website and there it is right next to 'gridBase'.
I had to manually download the Windows binary from there, saved it to my
desktop and then "installed packages from local zip files"