how to add "waiting for page change" to my script

how to add "waiting for page change" to my script

Jabez Wilson
I'd like to "step" through 24 histograms by using the return or click button option, as shown in the demo(graphics) demonstration. I've searched for "interactive graphics", and "waiting for page change" in R documentation but with no result. I'm sure that this is a relatively straightforward procedure. Can anyone point me to the correct solution?

Jabez

Re: how to add "waiting for page change" to my script

jholtman
I thing it is

par(ask = TRUE)

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 24, 2011, at 7:28, Jabez Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to "step" through 24 histograms by using the return or click button option, as shown in the demo(graphics) demonstration. I've searched for "interactive graphics", and "waiting for page change" in R documentation but with no result. I'm sure that this is a relatively straightforward procedure. Can anyone point me to the correct solution?
>
> Jabez

Re: how to add "waiting for page change" to my script

Enrico Schumann
see ?devAskNewPage

plot(1:10, col = "green", pch = 19)
devAskNewPage(ask = TRUE)
plot(1:10, col = "blue", pch = 19)

Am 24.11.2011 13:28, schrieb Jabez Wilson:

> I'd like to "step" through 24 histograms by using the return or click button option, as shown in the demo(graphics) demonstration. I've searched for "interactive graphics", and "waiting for page change" in R documentation but with no result. I'm sure that this is a relatively straightforward procedure. Can anyone point me to the correct solution?
> �
> Jabez

Enrico Schumann
Lucerne, Switzerland
http://nmof.net/

Re: how to add "waiting for page change" to my script

Jabez Wilson
Thanks, Enrico, that will do nicely.

Jab

Am 24.11.2011 13:28, schrieb Jabez Wilson:

> I'd like to "step" through 24 histograms by using the return or click button option, as shown in the demo(graphics) demonstration. I've searched for "interactive graphics", and "waiting for page change" in R documentation but with no result. I'm sure that this is a relatively straightforward procedure. Can anyone point me to the correct solution?
> �
> Jabez
>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Enrico Schumann
Lucerne, Switzerland
http://nmof.net/

Re: how to add "waiting for page change" to my script

Jabez Wilson
That works wonderfully - thank you

On Nov 24, 2011, at 7:28, Jabez Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to "step" through 24 histograms by using the return or click button option, as shown in the demo(graphics) demonstration. I've searched for "interactive graphics", and "waiting for page change" in R documentation but with no result. I'm sure that this is a relatively straightforward procedure. Can anyone point me to the correct solution?

> Jabez
>    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Re: how to add "waiting for page change" to my script

Yes .... But checking the Help I just learned that from R2.14.0 (I presume):

ask    logical. If TRUE (and the R session is interactive) the user is
asked for input, before a new figure is drawn. As this applies to the
device, it also affects output by packages grid and lattice. It can be
set even on non-screen devices but may have no effect there.

***    This not really a graphics parameter, and its use is deprecated
in favour of devAskNewPage. ***

-- Bert

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Jim Holtman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I thing it is
>
> par(ask = TRUE)
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Nov 24, 2011, at 7:28, Jabez Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to "step" through 24 histograms by using the return or click button option, as shown in the demo(graphics) demonstration. I've searched for "interactive graphics", and "waiting for page change" in R documentation but with no result. I'm sure that this is a relatively straightforward procedure. Can anyone point me to the correct solution?
>>
>> Jabez
>>    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics

Internal Contact Info: