how to find presence of seasonality in time series data without using graphs ?

how to find presence of seasonality in time series data without using graphs ?

vikrant
Dear R users,
I have a univariate time series and I want to examine  the presence of seasonality in the series without using graphical methods like autocorrelation(acf) as I need to automate it in a function. Is there any other way by which I could find the presence of seasonality and if seasonality is present need to detemine the time period T .

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant