how to generate this kind of graph

R help mailing list-2

Hello everyone,

I saw this scatterplots from a paper and thought it looked very nice:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7F1gq-J_GIFDOrJs00hwGyXUqCZ_xwa/view?usp=sharing

It was similar to stripchart() with 'jitter' method, but it has a special pattern of aligning points which made it look nicer than standard stripchart().

Does anyone know if there is a package in R that can do this kind of plots?

Thanks,

John

Re: how to generate this kind of graph

Gerrit Eichner
Hi, John,

look for the package beeswarm.

  Regards  --  Gerrit

Dr. Gerrit Eichner                   Mathematical Institute, Room 212
[hidden email]   Justus-Liebig-University Giessen
Tel: +49-(0)641-99-32104          Arndtstr. 2, 35392 Giessen, Germany
http://www.uni-giessen.de/eichner

Am 22.07.2020 um 07:23 schrieb array chip via R-help:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I saw this scatterplots from a paper and thought it looked very nice:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7F1gq-J_GIFDOrJs00hwGyXUqCZ_xwa/view?usp=sharing
>
> It was similar to stripchart() with 'jitter' method, but it has a special pattern of aligning points which made it look nicer than standard stripchart().
>
> Does anyone know if there is a package in R that can do this kind of plots?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Re: [External Email] how to generate this kind of graph

Christopher W. Ryan
You might like the beeswarm package.

--Chris Ryan
SUNY Upstate Medical University