how to get loglik parameter from splm package?

how to get loglik parameter from splm package?

zhaowei
splm package is a r  implemention of spatial panel data models.
and the loglik paremeter is most important infomation for splm methods.
but  i found the loglik always been null ,it's craze to get right estimation  in splm with null  loglik.
Any one knows the splm package and can get the right loglik ? please help me.

thanks

Re: how to get loglik parameter from splm package?

Millo Giovanni
Dear useR,

although I admit that getting the log likelihood is important, you must
concede that obtaining the parameter estimates is not bad either.
Regarding "craze", well there are crazier things in the world than this,
just look at the political situation in Italy.

Anyway, the loglik has always been there, although it wasn't exported
(hence the NULL value). In the most recent versions of 'splm' we have
made it available, at least for RE models, through the standard way: a
logLik() method. Usage:

> logLik(yourmodel)

You can download it from R-forge, as usual.

Best,
Giovanni

splm package is a r  implemention of spatial panel data models.
and the loglik paremeter is most important infomation for splm methods.
but  i found the loglik always been null ,it's craze to get right
estimation
in splm with null  loglik.
Any one knows the splm package and can get the right loglik ? please
help
me.

thanks

------- end original message ---------------------

Giovanni Millo
Research Dept.,
Assicurazioni Generali SpA
Via Machiavelli 4,
34132 Trieste (Italy)
tel. +39 040 671184
fax  +39 040 671160

Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazi...{{dropped:13}}

Re: how to get loglik parameter from splm package?

zhaowei
thank  Millo  for your very valuable reply

The political situation in Italy may be better than in  china.
And wish logik function could be supported in FE models too.
If then ,Splm will be more welcome.

thanks for your all works for useR.

Millo Giovanni wrote
Dear useR,

although I admit that getting the log likelihood is important, you must
concede that obtaining the parameter estimates is not bad either.
Regarding "craze", well there are crazier things in the world than this,
just look at the political situation in Italy.

Anyway, the loglik has always been there, although it wasn't exported
(hence the NULL value). In the most recent versions of 'splm' we have
made it available, at least for RE models, through the standard way: a
logLik() method. Usage:

> logLik(yourmodel)

You can download it from R-forge, as usual.

Best,
Giovanni

Re: how to get loglik parameter from splm package?

Millo Giovanni
;^)

you're right: we'll add it soon. Keep an eye on R-forge.

All the best,
Giovanni