including .svg vector graphics?

Marjo en Edwin
Hello there,

I must say I am quite happy with the output devices for graphics in R
already, but still ...

I am wondering if there are any plans for incorporating the option to save
graphs as ".svg" files. This would make it easy to postprocess figures in R
with Inkscape, the open source vector graphics editor.

The reason why I would want to postprocess vector graphics is to save them
to high quality (high dpi) .tiff files.

Greetings,
Edwin Commandeur

Re: including .svg vector graphics?

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 22 January 2006 at 18:26, Marjo en Edwin wrote:
| I am wondering if there are any plans for incorporating the option to save
| graphs as ".svg" files. This would make it easy to postprocess figures in R
| with Inkscape, the open source vector graphics editor.

Had you run this search from within R:

        > RSiteSearch("svg")

you would have seen 67 hits, including seven to the RSvg package.

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison