install pcre

yueli7
Hello,

I am trying to install R.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yue

checking for pcre.h... yes
checking pcre/pcre.h usability... no
checking pcre/pcre.h presence... no
checking for pcre/pcre.h... no
checking if PCRE version >= 8.20, < 10.0 and has UTF-8 support... no
checking whether PCRE support suffices... configure: error: pcre >= 8.20 library and headers are required

Re: install pcre

Jeff Newmiller
Looks like you don't have all of the dev tools installed on your unnamed OS. I highly recommend Googling for how to install R in your OS.

Please read the Posting Guide... Discussions about compiling R should be in R-devel. Most people install binaries which would be relevant here.