inverse of the methods function

R help mailing list-2
Is there a complement to the methods function, that will list all the defined methods for
a class?    One solution is to look directly at the NAMESPACE file, for the package that
defines it, and parse out the entries.   I was looking for something built-in, i.e., easier.

--
Terry M Therneau, PhD
Department of Health Science Research

"TERR-ree THUR-noh"

Re: inverse of the methods function

Martin Morgan-4
> methods(class = "lm")
 [1] add1           alias          anova          case.names     coerce
 [6] confint        cooks.distance deviance       dfbeta         dfbetas
[11] drop1          dummy.coef     effects        extractAIC     family
[16] formula        hatvalues      influence      initialize     kappa
[21] labels         logLik         model.frame    model.matrix   nobs
[26] plot           predict        print          proj           qr
[31] residuals      rstandard      rstudent       show           simulate
[36] slotsFromS3    summary        variable.names vcov
see '?methods' for accessing help and source code

Martin Morgan

On 5/3/21, 6:34 PM, "R-help on behalf of Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. via R-help" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Is there a complement to the methods function, that will list all the defined methods for
    a class?    One solution is to look directly at the NAMESPACE file, for the package that
    defines it, and parse out the entries.   I was looking for something built-in, i.e., easier.

    --
    Terry M Therneau, PhD
    Department of Health Science Research
    Mayo Clinic