is it possible to insert a figure into into another new figure by r script

is it possible to insert a figure into into another new figure by r script

Jie TANG-3
hi R-users
   Now I have a figure in emf or png or tiff format  that have been drawn
by other tool and I want to insert this figure into
 my new figure by R script. I wonder if is possible ?

--
TANG Jie
Email: [hidden email]

Re: is it possible to insert a figure into into another new figure by r script

Mikhail Titov-2
Jie Tang <[hidden email]> writes:

> hi R-users
>    Now I have a figure in emf or png or tiff format  that have been drawn
> by other tool and I want to insert this figure into
>  my new figure by R script. I wonder if is possible ?

This [1] might be relevant.

[1] http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/RGraphGallery.php?graph=168

--
Mikhail

Re: is it possible to insert a figure into into another new figure by r script

Thomas Adams
Jie,

I think the R contributed package, grImport, by Paul Murrell does what you
want. See this:

http://www.jstatsoft.org/v30/i04/paper/

Tom

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Mikhail Titov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jie Tang <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > hi R-users
> >    Now I have a figure in emf or png or tiff format  that have been drawn
> > by other tool and I want to insert this figure into
> >  my new figure by R script. I wonder if is possible ?
>
> This [1] might be relevant.
>
> [1] http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/RGraphGallery.php?graph=168
>
> --
> Mikhail

Thomas E Adams
National Weather Service
Ohio River Forecast Center
1901 South State Route 134
Wilmington, OH 45177

EMAIL: [hidden email]
VOICE: 937-383-0528
FAX: 937-383-0033

Re: is it possible to insert a figure into into another new figure by r script

glsnow
You could read the .png (or some other formats) in then use the
rasterImage function to put that into the current plot.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Jie Tang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi R-users
>    Now I have a figure in emf or png or tiff format  that have been drawn
> by other tool and I want to insert this figure into
>  my new figure by R script. I wonder if is possible ?
>
> --
> TANG Jie
> Email: [hidden email]
> Tel: 0086-2154896104