list factoring

sybil kennelly
Hi Guys, this is actually a thread of emails, but for some reason, even though i am a member, it's withholding my email so i said i would try it this route instead!...

I appreciate the reading Thank you. If i have:

matrix:
>         var1    var2     var3
> cell1    x       x         x
> cell2    x       x         x
> cell3    x       x         x
>
> cell4
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> cell100

and:

vector1 <- c("cell1, "cell5",cell19", "cell50", "cell70")

your_data$mycells <- factor(your_data$cells %in% vector1, c("Special",
"NotSpecial"))

So my output will be something like:

[25] Special    Special    Special    Special    Special    Special
  [31] Special    NotSpecial NotSpecial NotSpecial NotSpecial NotSpecial
  [37] NotSpecial NotSpecial NotSpecial NotSpecial

is there a way to plot the data so that my "Special" cells are plotted on top of my not special cells. The reason is my data may have 10000 not special points,and i may have 5 special cells, I find I'm not able to see where they are on my plot because they are being covered by my not special cells :(

I have been looking around for  "order of factors plotted" , 'order of levels", "order of factor levels", is this on the right track or can it even be done?

Syb

Re: list factoring

Uwe Ligges-3
<Depends on which kind of plot you want. If a scatterplot, first plot
your "not sepcial" stuff and afterwards add your special data with a
call to points() in, e.g. anotehr color. If you want to separate plots,
look at then lattice package.

Uwe Ligges