lm() funtion

Praveen kr singh
Hi,

Currently i am working with the lm() function for some regressions required
for my project.

suppose the formula parameter in that is given by "response ~  terms",after
some testing i found out that when  the number of observations under terms
is less than  the number of columns or features under terms, the
coefficients of regression generated from the linear model object contains
NA which makes it useless.

right now i am in situation where the number of observation is less than
the number of features , can someone help me how to apply regression in
this case.

--
*Praveen Kr Singh*
*Dept-CSE*

Re: lm() funtion

Suzen, Mehmet
try lm.ridge from MASS package.

Re: lm() funtion

You really really really need to work with a local statistical expert, as
your post indicates fundamental confusion. Furthermore, statistical issues
are off topic here.

Cheers,
Bert

On Friday, April 24, 2015, Praveen kr singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently i am working with the lm() function for some regressions required
> for my project.
>
> suppose the formula parameter in that is given by "response ~  terms",after
> some testing i found out that when  the number of observations under terms
> is less than  the number of columns or features under terms, the
> coefficients of regression generated from the linear model object contains
> NA which makes it useless.
>
> right now i am in situation where the number of observation is less than
> the number of features , can someone help me how to apply regression in
> this case.
>
> --
> *Praveen Kr Singh*
> *Dept-CSE*
> *HIT-K*

Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics
(650) 467-7374

"Data is not information. Information is not knowledge. And knowledge is
certainly not wisdom."
Clifford Stoll