lme4: Extract fixed effects Val, SE, t, p

lme4: Extract fixed effects Val, SE, t, p

Zev Ross
Hi All,

Using glmmPQL you can extract the full table of estimates, SE, p-values
etc using as an example:

mymodel<-glmmPQL(mymodel here)

summary(mymodel)[[18]]

How can I pull this table out of a lmer object in lme4?

Thank you, Zev

--
Zev Ross
*ZevRoss Spatial Analysis*

Re: lme4: Extract fixed effects Val, SE, t, p

Dieter Menne
Zev Ross <zev <at> zevross.com> writes:

> Using glmmPQL you can extract the full table of estimates, SE, p-values
> etc using as an example:
>
> mymodel<-glmmPQL(mymodel here)
>
> summary(mymodel)[[18]]
>
> How can I pull this table out of a lmer object in lme4?

Looks like it is not so easy, the code that produces the table is rather hidden
in Matrix\r\lmer.R, about line 400

setMethod("show", "summary.lmer",
          function(object) {
              fcoef <- object@fixed
              useScale <- object@useScale

You might be able to write your own code using the outline given there, but you
could run into trouble with method getFixDF.

Dieter

Re: lme4: Extract fixed effects Val, SE, t, p

Doran, Harold
There are certain functions which can easily extracts the various
components, however. For instance, you can grab the fixed effects using
fixef(), the variance components using VarCorr, and the standard errors
of the fixed effects using vcov()