load data

Crock
hi,
i`m an absolute R-beginner and have a problem loading data from datasets. For example, giving the command: >load ("Affairs"), i get the message, that there is an error in readChar and there cannot be made any connection.
I tried to find out on introduction papers but wasn`t able to find anything. sorry for banal question and thanks for your help.

Re: load data

Dieter Menne
Crock wrote
i`m an absolute R-beginner and have a problem loading data from datasets. For example, giving the command: >load ("Affairs"), i get the message, that there is an error in readChar and there cannot be made any connection.
I tried to find out on introduction papers but wasn`t able to find anything. sorry for banal question and thanks for your help.
There is an Affairs data set in package AER which could be loaded by

library(Affairs)
data(Affairs) # not "load"

but the error message you quote looks like you are trying to read some self-made data. A guess would be that you should read the documentation of read.table(), but it is just a guess, because we do not know the politicians involved in your Affairs.

R also comes with a documentation "R data import/export"

Dieter