merging multiple columns from two dataframes

merging multiple columns from two dataframes

1Rnwb
Hello,

I have data  in a dataframe with 139104 rows which is multiple of 96x1449. i have a phenotype file which contains the phenotype information for the 96 samples. the snp name is repeated 1449X96 samples. I haveto merge the two dataframes based on sid and sen. this is how my two dataframes look like
   dat<-data.frame(snpname=rep(letters[1:12],12),sid=rep(1:12,each=12),
         genotype=rep(c('aa','ab','bb'), 12))
   pheno<-data.frame(sen=1:12,disease=rep(c('N','Y'),6), wellid=1:12)

I have to merge or add the disease column and 3 other columns to the data file. I am unable to use merge in R. I have searched google, i guess i am not hitting the correct terms to get the answer. I would appreciate any input on this issue. thanks
sharad

Re: merging multiple columns from two dataframes

Scott Chamberlain-3
 merge(dat, pheno, by.x = "sid", by.y = "sen")

Scott