(no subject)

abhishek pandey
kindly solve my problem sir.

Re: (no subject)

John McKown
On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 2:55 AM, abhishek pandey <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> kindly solve my problem sir.

​A very polite request. Unfortunately it is impossible because your email
was HTML formatted and the list software removed the most of your email
before sending it out. You must use "plain text" only. Also, depending on
exactly what your request is, your response may well be "we don't do
homework" (if it looks like class work), or if it appears that you want
someone to write code for you, instead of helping with a specific problem
in your code, then it is unlikely to be done because the list is not,
generall, inhabited by unpaid consultants.​

--
Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Re: (no subject)

Rolf Turner
On 06/10/16 20:55, abhishek pandey wrote:
> kindly solve my problem sir.

That's it, in its entirety.  Shouldn't that win some sort of prize?

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS
Department of Statistics

Re: (no subject)

Jim Lemon-4
It certainly does. As we are often confronted with requests for
solutions of problems so minimally defined as to challenge the most
eminent mindreader, this excels. We have a meta-problem as the
supplicant him- (or her-, I cannot even ascertain this) does not
appear to know what it is. Thus me are asked to both pose and solve
the problem. While this may seem trivial to the casual reader, we must
recall Adams' Paradox, that we might supply an answer, but be unable
to state the question.

Pardon the enthusiasm - I have just solved two gratuitous problems and
I was, so to speak, primed for this message.

Jim

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Rolf Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/10/16 20:55, abhishek pandey wrote:
>>
>> kindly solve my problem sir.
>

> That's it, in its entirety.  Shouldn't that win some sort of prize?
>
> cheers,
>
> Rolf Turner
>
> --
> Technical Editor ANZJS
> Department of Statistics
> University of Auckland
> Phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 88276

Re: (no subject)

Dan D
Question and answer:

6*9 = (4)*13^1 + (2)*13^0

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Jim Lemon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It certainly does. As we are often confronted with requests for
> solutions of problems so minimally defined as to challenge the most
> eminent mindreader, this excels. We have a meta-problem as the
> supplicant him- (or her-, I cannot even ascertain this) does not
> appear to know what it is. Thus me are asked to both pose and solve
> the problem. While this may seem trivial to the casual reader, we must
> recall Adams' Paradox, that we might supply an answer, but be unable
> to state the question.
>
> Pardon the enthusiasm - I have just solved two gratuitous problems and
> I was, so to speak, primed for this message.
>
> Jim
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On 06/10/16 20:55, abhishek pandey wrote:
> >>
> >> kindly solve my problem sir.
> >

> > That's it, in its entirety.  Shouldn't that win some sort of prize?
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Rolf Turner
> >
> > --
> > Technical Editor ANZJS
> > Department of Statistics
> > University of Auckland
> > Phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 88276

> posting-guide.html

Dan Dalthorp, PhD
USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
Forest Sciences Lab, Rm 189
3200 SW Jefferson Way
Corvallis, OR 97331
ph: 541-750-0953

Re: (no subject)

Jim Lemon-4
No, I'm quite certain that the answer is:

7*6 = 3*2^4 - 36/6

but I don't know the question

Jim

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Dalthorp, Daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Question and answer:
>
> 6*9 = (4)*13^1 + (2)*13^0
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Jim Lemon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It certainly does. As we are often confronted with requests for
>> solutions of problems so minimally defined as to challenge the most
>> eminent mindreader, this excels. We have a meta-problem as the
>> supplicant him- (or her-, I cannot even ascertain this) does not
>> appear to know what it is. Thus me are asked to both pose and solve
>> the problem. While this may seem trivial to the casual reader, we must
>> recall Adams' Paradox, that we might supply an answer, but be unable
>> to state the question.
>>
>> Pardon the enthusiasm - I have just solved two gratuitous problems and
>> I was, so to speak, primed for this message.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> > That's it, in its entirety.  Shouldn't that win some sort of prize?
>> >
>> > cheers,
>> >
>> > Rolf Turner
>> >
>> > --
>> > Technical Editor ANZJS
>> > Department of Statistics
>> > University of Auckland
>> > Phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 88276

> Dan Dalthorp, PhD
> USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
> Forest Sciences Lab, Rm 189
> 3200 SW Jefferson Way
> Corvallis, OR 97331
> ph: 541-750-0953

Re: (no subject)

Dan D
The answer is 42 (in base 13). The question is "What do you get when you
multiply six by nine?"

--
Dan Dalthorp, PhD
USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
Forest Sciences Lab, Rm 189
3200 SW Jefferson Way
Corvallis, OR 97331
ph: 541-750-0953

Re: (no subject)

Jeff Newmiller
The OP sent a separate email which was slightly less obscure. Taken together with this email, they suggest more a lack of familiarity with the concept of an email thread and with the time scale and features of email support, rather than a presumption of mind reading skills. One can hope that careful reading of the Posting Guide and referenced materials by the OP will correct this deficiency.

I will admit to considering a fortune nomination at first reading though.

On October 6, 2016 3:26:22 PM PDT, Jim Lemon <[hidden email]> wrote:

>It certainly does. As we are often confronted with requests for
>solutions of problems so minimally defined as to challenge the most
>eminent mindreader, this excels. We have a meta-problem as the
>supplicant him- (or her-, I cannot even ascertain this) does not
>appear to know what it is. Thus me are asked to both pose and solve
>the problem. While this may seem trivial to the casual reader, we must
>recall Adams' Paradox, that we might supply an answer, but be unable
>to state the question.
>
>Pardon the enthusiasm - I have just solved two gratuitous problems and
>I was, so to speak, primed for this message.
>
>Jim
>
>On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>> On 06/10/16 20:55, abhishek pandey wrote:
>>>
>>> kindly solve my problem sir.
>>

>> That's it, in its entirety.  Shouldn't that win some sort of prize?
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Rolf Turner
>>
>> --
>> Technical Editor ANZJS
>> Department of Statistics
>> University of Auckland
>> Phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 88276

Re: (no subject)

David Winsemius

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 4:22 PM, Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The OP sent a separate email which was slightly less obscure. Taken together with this email, they suggest more a lack of familiarity with the concept of an email thread and with the time scale and features of email support, rather than a presumption of mind reading skills. One can hope that careful reading of the Posting Guide and referenced materials by the OP will correct this deficiency.
>
> I will admit to considering a fortune nomination at first reading though.

Sigh.

As a moderator of "non-subscriber postings", I initially rejected a posting from this email address 2 days ago with advice to read the Posting Guide and re-post with a more complete request and to avoid using HTML. So far, I have not seen a responsive effort to respond to that advice.

The advice we moderators follow is to use a very liberal filter for what should be posted, but this poster does seem to be a challenge to that interpretation.

Perhaps we should be referring some of these poorly documented postings to StackOverflow at the moderations event? What say you, members of the esteemed audience?

--
David Winsemius

> On October 6, 2016 3:26:22 PM PDT, Jim Lemon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It certainly does. As we are often confronted with requests for
>> solutions of problems so minimally defined as to challenge the most
>> eminent mindreader, this excels. We have a meta-problem as the
>> supplicant him- (or her-, I cannot even ascertain this) does not
>> appear to know what it is. Thus me are asked to both pose and solve
>> the problem. While this may seem trivial to the casual reader, we must
>> recall Adams' Paradox, that we might supply an answer, but be unable
>> to state the question.
>>
>> Pardon the enthusiasm - I have just solved two gratuitous problems and
>> I was, so to speak, primed for this message.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> That's it, in its entirety.  Shouldn't that win some sort of prize?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>>
>>> Rolf Turner

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: (no subject)

JohnDee
On 6 Oct 2016 07:55:28 -0000
"abhishek pandey" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> kindly solve my problem sir.

The answer obviously is 42.

JWDougherty