(no subject)

imran damkar
Hi,
I would like to know what is the difference between function oneway_test
and independence_test of coin package.
You will highly appreciated
Regards

Re: (no subject)

Kevin E. Thorpe
Have you read the help pages of the two functions? That is where I would start.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)

Re: coin::oneway_test and independence_test ...was Re: (no subject)

David Winsemius
You _should_ read the Posting Guide. Informative subjects are
emphatically requested, and rhelp is a plain text mailing list

On 11/4/19 9:30 AM, imran damkar wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know what is the difference between function oneway_test
> and independence_test of coin package.

It's not so much that they are "different", but rather that one is
(much) more general than the other. If you look at the code, which one
should always do in such questions, you immediately see that
`oneway_test` calls `independence_test` after some setup of parameters.
You should also read ?oneway_test and ?independence_test where this is
also clearly explained. The `oneway_test` is actually a method to do
some of the tests that you would encounter in a traditional introductory
statistics course in the section on "nonparametric tests". So
`oneway_test` is just a restricted type of the more general
"independence test" suite of methods.

methods(oneway_test)
[1] oneway_test.formula* oneway_test.IndependenceProblem*

# since the default method is not exposed, use `getAnywhere`

getAnywhere(oneway_test.IndependenceProblem)

# omitting parameter setup code

object <- do.call("independence_test", c(list(object = object),
         args))

if (is_ordered_x(object@statistic))
         object@method <- "Linear-by-Linear Association Test"
     else if (twosamp) {