old weird error message

Ivan Calandra-2
Dear users,

I have a weird questions. A friend of mine, some years ago, supposedly
trying to access help files without Internet connection, got something
like this error message:

"The Pythia is not available, please go to Delphi"

When I've heard about it, I found it very funny and I'd like to be able
to get it. Does anyone of you know how to get this error message again?

Since it's an old story, no sessionInfo possible.

Thanks in advance for this uncritical question!
Ivan

--
Ivan CALANDRA
Université de Bourgogne

Re: old weird error message

Michael Weylandt
I dont think it's network connection related. Type ???

 :-)

Michael

On Jul 25, 2012, at 6:49 AM, Ivan Calandra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> I have a weird questions. A friend of mine, some years ago, supposedly trying to access help files without Internet connection, got something like this error message:
>
> "The Pythia is not available, please go to Delphi"
>
> When I've heard about it, I found it very funny and I'd like to be able to get it. Does anyone of you know how to get this error message again?
>
> Since it's an old story, no sessionInfo possible.
>
> Thanks in advance for this uncritical question!
> Ivan
>
> --
> Ivan CALANDRA
> Université de Bourgogne
> UMR CNRS/uB 6282 Biogéosciences
> 6 Boulevard Gabriel
> 21000 Dijon, FRANCE
> +33(0)3.80.39.63.06
> [hidden email]
> http://biogeosciences.u-bourgogne.fr/calandra

Re: old weird error message

Ivan Calandra-2
Thanks for your answer! But I have to type 4 question marks and not 3
That's great :)

Ivan

--

Le 25/07/12 15:10, Michael Weylandt a écrit :

> I dont think it's network connection related. Type ???
>
>   :-)
>
> Michael
>
> On Jul 25, 2012, at 6:49 AM, Ivan Calandra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear users,
>>
>> I have a weird questions. A friend of mine, some years ago, supposedly trying to access help files without Internet connection, got something like this error message:
>>
>> "The Pythia is not available, please go to Delphi"
>>
>> When I've heard about it, I found it very funny and I'd like to be able to get it. Does anyone of you know how to get this error message again?
>>
>> Since it's an old story, no sessionInfo possible.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for this uncritical question!
>> Ivan
>>
>> --
>> Ivan CALANDRA
>> Université de Bourgogne
>> UMR CNRS/uB 6282 Biogéosciences
>> 6 Boulevard Gabriel
>> 21000 Dijon, FRANCE
>> +33(0)3.80.39.63.06
>> [hidden email]
>> http://biogeosciences.u-bourgogne.fr/calandra

Re: old weird error message

Peter Dalgaard-2

On Jul 25, 2012, at 15:10 , Michael Weylandt wrote:

> I dont think it's network connection related. Type ???
>
> :-)

Actually, type ????foo

-pd

> Michael
>
> On Jul 25, 2012, at 6:49 AM, Ivan Calandra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear users,
>>
>> I have a weird questions. A friend of mine, some years ago, supposedly trying to access help files without Internet connection, got something like this error message:
>>
>> "The Pythia is not available, please go to Delphi"
>>
>> When I've heard about it, I found it very funny and I'd like to be able to get it. Does anyone of you know how to get this error message again?
>>
>> Since it's an old story, no sessionInfo possible.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for this uncritical question!
>> Ivan
>>
>> --
>> Ivan CALANDRA
>> Université de Bourgogne
>> UMR CNRS/uB 6282 Biogéosciences
>> 6 Boulevard Gabriel
>> 21000 Dijon, FRANCE
>> +33(0)3.80.39.63.06
>> [hidden email]
>> http://biogeosciences.u-bourgogne.fr/calandra

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501

Re: old weird error message

John Kerpel
Here's what I got...

> ????fooContacting Delphi...the oracle is unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Ivan Calandra <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer! But I have to type 4 question marks and not 3
> That's great :)
>
> Ivan
>
> --
> Ivan CALANDRA
> Université de Bourgogne
> UMR CNRS/uB 6282 Biogéosciences
> 6 Boulevard Gabriel
> 21000 Dijon, FRANCE
> +33(0)3.80.39.63.06
> [hidden email]
> http://biogeosciences.u-**bourgogne.fr/calandra<http://biogeosciences.u-bourgogne.fr/calandra>
>
> Le 25/07/12 15:10, Michael Weylandt a écrit :
>
>> I dont think it's network connection related. Type ???
>>
>>   :-)
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On Jul 25, 2012, at 6:49 AM, Ivan Calandra <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Dear users,
>>>
>>> I have a weird questions. A friend of mine, some years ago, supposedly
>>> trying to access help files without Internet connection, got something like
>>> this error message:
>>>
>>> "The Pythia is not available, please go to Delphi"
>>>
>>> When I've heard about it, I found it very funny and I'd like to be able
>>> to get it. Does anyone of you know how to get this error message again?
>>>
>>> Since it's an old story, no sessionInfo possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for this uncritical question!
>>> Ivan
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ivan CALANDRA
>>> Université de Bourgogne
>>> UMR CNRS/uB 6282 Biogéosciences
>>> 6 Boulevard Gabriel
>>> 21000 Dijon, FRANCE
>>> +33(0)3.80.39.63.06
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://biogeosciences.u-**bourgogne.fr/calandra<http://biogeosciences.u-bourgogne.fr/calandra>

Re: old weird error message

Yihui Xie-2
see head(`?`, 20)

there is another funny thing: Sys.sleep(2 + rpois(1, 2))  (in theory R
can, although is unlikely to, sleep forever since it is a Poisson
distribution...)

Regards,
Yihui
--