output from R to simple html

Marc Roos

I would like to parse some input to an R script and use its result
output (maybe in json) on a web page. I think this shiny framework is a
bit over kill. What is the simplest to implement this?

Re: output from R to simple html

Bert Gunter-2
This might be helpful:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/WebTechnologies.html

Cheers,
Bert

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 12:02 PM Marc Roos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to parse some input to an R script and use its result
> output (maybe in json) on a web page. I think this shiny framework is a
> bit over kill. What is the simplest to implement this?

Re: output from R to simple html

Michael Hannon-2
I can't tell what kind of structure you want to output, but one simple
thing that I've done along these lines is to use knitr::kable to
output a dataframe in either HTML or LaTeX format (for direct
inclusion on a web page or to convert to PDF for other uses).

-- Mike

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 12:02 PM Marc Roos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to parse some input to an R script and use its result
> output (maybe in json) on a web page. I think this shiny framework is a
> bit over kill. What is the simplest to implement this?

Re: output from R to simple html

Jeff Newmiller
Perhaps an answer as simple as using the rmarkdown package to generate a standalone html file is all the OP needs?

On July 8, 2020 4:19:37 PM PDT, Michael Hannon <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I can't tell what kind of structure you want to output, but one simple
>thing that I've done along these lines is to use knitr::kable to
>output a dataframe in either HTML or LaTeX format (for direct
>inclusion on a web page or to convert to PDF for other uses).
>
>-- Mike
>
>On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 12:02 PM Marc Roos <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>

>> I would like to parse some input to an R script and use its result
>> output (maybe in json) on a web page. I think this shiny framework is
>> bit over kill. What is the simplest to implement this?

Re: output from R to simple html

Jim Lemon-4
Hi Marc,
The "htmlize" function in the prettyR package might be what you are looking for.

Jim