package.skeleton only exports the first 73 lines of code

package.skeleton only exports the first 73 lines of code

jeff_hawkes
Hi all, apologies for the ignorance I'm about to describe:

I'm trying to create a .r file for a function I've written (~300 lines of code).  The function is called 'total' and I've entered the most simple package.skeleton:

package.skeleton(name="test", list=c("total"))

The export works fine (it creates sub folders for R, man, and DESCRIPTION, NAMESPACE and read-and-delete-me files, but  total.r is only 73 lines long and the code stops in the middle of a phrase.

Is there a character limit to the export, or am I failing to do something more complicated here?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: package.skeleton only exports the first 73 lines of code

Uwe Ligges-3

On 05.03.2012 19:30, jeff_hawkes wrote:

> Hi all, apologies for the ignorance I'm about to describe:
>
> I'm trying to create a .r file for a function I've written (~300 lines of
> code).  The function is called 'total' and I've entered the most simple
> package.skeleton:
>
> package.skeleton(name="test", list=c("total"))
>
> The export works fine (it creates sub folders for R, man, and DESCRIPTION,
> NAMESPACE and read-and-delete-me files, but  total.r is only 73 lines long
> and the code stops in the middle of a phrase.
>
> Is there a character limit to the export, or am I failing to do something
> more complicated here?

Are you sure?

What happens if you just paste the code into the file and source() the
file afterwards? Can you make the function available (again ins ome text
file on the web and tell us where the function exactly ends?

Uwe Ligges

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Re: package.skeleton only exports the first 73 lines of code

jeff_hawkes
Copying the code as text into the incomplete .r file worked, good idea.  I still don't know why the export didn't work though.

Thanks,
Jeff