package test failed on Solaris x86 -- help needed for debugging

package test failed on Solaris x86 -- help needed for debugging

Thomas Petzoldt
Dear R developers,

we have currently a 'mysterious' test problem with one package that
successfully passed the tests on all platforms, with the only exception
of Solaris x86 where obviously one of our help examples breaks the CRAN
test.

As we don't own such a machine I want to ask about a possibility to run
a few tests on such a system:

r-patched-solaris-x86

An even more recent version of R on the same OS (Solaris 10) and with
the same compiler (Sun Studio 12u1) would help also.

Any assistance is appreciated

Thomas Petzoldt

--
Thomas Petzoldt
Technische Universitaet Dresden

Re: package test failed on Solaris x86 -- help needed for debugging

Martyn Plummer-2
Dear Thomas,

Is this the deSolve package?

http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-patched-solaris-x86/deSolve-00check.html

I can help you with that. It does pass R CMD check on my OpenSolaris
installation, but I am getting some compiler warnings. I will send you
details.

Martyn

On 16.09.2010 17:05, Martyn Plummer wrote:

> Dear Thomas,
>
> Is this the deSolve package?
>
> http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-patched-solaris-x86/deSolve-00check.html
>
> I can help you with that. It does pass R CMD check on my OpenSolaris
> installation, but I am getting some compiler warnings. I will send you
> details.
>
> Martyn

You are right and there are many reasons what can be wrong, i.e. an
obsolete comma in the example, the call to colorRampPalette after the
ode.2D call or any problem with the C code. I wonder why this problem is
so specific because it runs on all other eleven platforms including
Solaris / Sparc.

Details about the compiler warnings are welcome.

Thomas

Re: Summary: package test failed on Solaris x86 ...

Thomas Petzoldt
Dear Martin,

many thanks for your effort. Last night we found the same, thanks to the
kind assistance from Bill Dunlap. The most important bugs are now
already fixed, some minor things and an upload of a new version will
follow soon.

Many thanks for the quick and competent assistance to Bill Dunlap,
Matthew Doyle and you (Martyn Plummer). I've also setup a new Linux test
system, so that next time valgrind checks can be performed before
package upload.

Thank you!

Thomas Petzoldt