partitioning around medoids

Tomassini, Letizia
Hello
I am running some k-medoids analysis to see if that algorithm will work better on my dataset compared to the k-means I have been using so far.
When running k-means I used to specify the nstart option, equal to a certain number, depending on how many random sets of clusters I wanted.

Could anybody tell me if I need to use, or if there is, an equivalent option for the pam() function?

pam(x,5)   is what I have put together so far. Also, any suggestions for what I might implement there?

Thanks
Letizia Tomassini, DVM, MPVM, PhD Candidate
College of Veterinary Medicine
Washington State University