pdf_combine error message

Thomas Subia-2
Colleagues

When executing pdf_combine(files, output= "joined.pdf") I get the following error:

Error_cpp_pdf_combine(input,output, password)  :
 open c:\temp\10678.pdf: Too many open files

Directory temp contains 720 pdf files.

I changed the number of files in the temp directory to 500.
I reran pdf_combine(files, output= "joined.pdf") and I didn't get a too many open files warning.

Is there an R setting which I can change to allow more files to be read?

All the best

Thomas Subia
Statistician / Sr. Quality Engineer
IMG Companies