plot.new, trellis and windows plot history (PR#8935)

plot.new, trellis and windows plot history (PR#8935)

Andrew.Hooker
Full_Name: Andrew Hooker
Version: 2.3.1
OS: windows xp sp2
Submission from: (NULL) (83.253.8.162)

Hi,

I think there is a bug in the windows graph history procedure, here is what
happens:

1. open R
2. 'library(lattice)'
3. 'xyplot(0~0)'
4. Turn on recording in the graphical window
5. Add plot to history
4. 'plot.new()'
5. 'xyplot(1~1)'

Try to 'pageup' to the first plot.  I can't get the first plot to appear, and if
I turn off the graphics device using 'dev.off()' I get a warning message:

1: Display list redraw incomplete

Any ideas how to fix this?

Andrew Hooker
Uppsala University
Sweden

Re: plot.new, trellis and windows plot history (PR#8935)

P Ehlers
Andrew,

Why are you calling plot.new()?

Peter Ehlers