plotCI overlay

Richard Reiss-2

I'm using the plotCI function and I'd like to overlay additional means
with CIs onto an existing plotCI-created plot in a different color.  Is
this possible?  Thanks.

Rick

Re: plotCI overlay

Ben Bolker
Rick Reiss <rreiss <at> exponent.com> writes:

> I'm using the plotCI function and I'd like to overlay additional means
> with CIs onto an existing plotCI-created plot in a different color.  Is
> this possible?  Thanks.
>
> Rick

  Assuming you mean the one from the plotrix package: use add=TRUE

e.g.:

library(plotrix)
plotCI(1:5,1:5,1,xlim=c(0,6))
plotCI((1:5)+0.2,rep(4,5),0.5,col=2,add=TRUE)