plotting a PNG from an in-memory object

Rajarshi Guha-4
Hi, I have code which, via rJava can bring up a JFrame to display an image.
What I'd like to be able to is to capture that image and make an R plot out
of it (analogous to plotting a PNG file, but not from an actual file).

I can rite Java code that could be called from R to take a snapshot of the
window, but is it at all possible to some return that data to the R side to
display via plot()?

Any pointers would be appreciated

--
Rajarshi Guha