plotting with R

Bala subramanian-2
Friends,

i) I am new to R. Kindly suggest some resources that has examples of
plotting with R.

ii) How to set number of tick marks and labels, i have a x axis ranging fro
1 to 21. By default R shows the tick marks at 5, 10,15,20. How can i change
this.

Thanks,
Bala

Re: plotting with R

David Winsemius

http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/
http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html

> ii) How to set number of tick marks and labels, i have a x axis
> ranging fro
> 1 to 21. By default R shows the tick marks at 5, 10,15,20. How can i
> change
> this.

?axis

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories

Re: plotting with R

Stephen J. Barr-2
Lookup the R graph gallery. Also, any R tutorial should have some rudimentary plots.

Type
?plot
Into the prompt to get help with the command.

-stephen
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Re: plotting with R

Erik Iverson
In addition to the refs already provided, I have read both "R Graphics" by Paul
Murrell and "Lattice" by Deepayan Sarkar, and can highly recommend both of them.

Bala subramanian wrote:

> Friends,
>
> i) I am new to R. Kindly suggest some resources that has examples of
> plotting with R.
>
> ii) How to set number of tick marks and labels, i have a x axis ranging fro
> 1 to 21. By default R shows the tick marks at 5, 10,15,20. How can i change
> this.
>
> Thanks,
> Bala

Re: plotting with R

baptiste auguie
if it hasn't been suggested already:
ggplot2 also has a book and a website: http://had.co.nz/ggplot2/

I would recommend any newcomer to have a look as it provides a clear,
consistent and elegant syntax to produce very nice plots.

baptiste

On 22 Apr 2009, at 03:14, Erik Iverson wrote:

> In addition to the refs already provided, I have read both "R
> Graphics" by Paul
> Murrell and "Lattice" by Deepayan Sarkar, and can highly recommend
> both of them.
>
> Bala subramanian wrote:
>> Friends,
>>
>> i) I am new to R. Kindly suggest some resources that has examples of
>> plotting with R.
>>
>> ii) How to set number of tick marks and labels, i have a x axis
>> ranging fro
>> 1 to 21. By default R shows the tick marks at 5, 10,15,20. How can
>> i change
>> this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bala
>>
>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_____________________________

Baptiste Auguié

School of Physics
University of Exeter
Stocker Road,
Exeter, Devon,
EX4 4QL, UK

Phone: +44 1392 264187

http://newton.ex.ac.uk/research/emag

Re: plotting with R

Christof Winter
Bala subramanian wrote, On 04/21/09 17:07:
> Friends,
>
> i) I am new to R. Kindly suggest some resources that has examples of
> plotting with R.

I really like:
http://zoonek2.free.fr/UNIX/48_R/03.html

Cheers,
Christof

--
Christof Winter
Bioinformatics Group

Re: plotting with R

ssefick
check out ggplot2 there is an entire website devoted to the package
(and a book also).  The R graph gallery has graphs and the code to
produce the graphs.
hope this helps

Stephen Sefick

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Christof Winter
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bala subramanian wrote, On 04/21/09 17:07:
>>
>> Friends,
>>
>> i) I am new to R. Kindly suggest some resources that has examples of
>> plotting with R.
>
> I really like:
> http://zoonek2.free.fr/UNIX/48_R/03.html
>
> Cheers,
> Christof
>
> --
> Christof Winter
> Bioinformatics Group
> Biotechnologisches Zentrum
> Technische Universität Dresden
> Tatzberg 47-51
> 01307 Dresden
> Germany

Stephen Sefick

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                                                -K. Mullis