> Full_Name: Sylvain Brohée
> Version: 2.2.1
> OS: Suse Linux 9.2
> Submission from: (NULL) (18.104.22.168)
> I recently went to a new version of R (2.2.1) but now, when trying to save a
> plot in the png format, I got this error message :
> Error in X11(paste("png::", filename, sep = ""), width, height, pointsize, :
> unable to start device PNG
> In addition: Warning message:
> no png support in this version of R
> What can I do?
1. Do not send a bug report if there is no bug! Please read the FAQs and
learn what a bug is.
2. Do not send identical messages a couple of times to many mailing lists.
3. Do read the installation manuals.
4. Install both "libpng" and "libpng-devel" in a way that it will be
found by R's configure scripts (e.g. into standard locations).
5. Run R's ./configure and check the last lines of the output, png
support should be mentioned, if not, check what ./configure told you at
the point where it looked for libpng.