power analysis for Friedman's test

KARAVASILIS GEORGE
Hello,
I am running a non parametric repeated measures experiment with
Friedman’s test:

         Friedman rank sum test

data:  glikozi and week and subject
Friedman chi-squared = 18.538, df = 3, p-value = 0.0003405

How could I run a power analysis for this test in R?
Thank you!

--
George Karavasilis
Department of Business Administration &

---
Αυτό το e-mail ελέγχθηκε για ιούς από το πρόγραμμα Avast antivirus.

Re: power analysis for Friedman's test

glsnow
Generally you should do the power analysis before collecting any data.
Since you have results it looks like you already have the data
collected.

But if you want to compute the power for a future study, one option is
to use simulation.

1. decide what the data will look like
2. decide how you will analyze the data
3. simulate data and analyze it based on 1 and 2
4. repeat step 3 a bunch of times, the proportion of "Significant"
results is your estimated power

Here is an example to use as a starting point:

simfun <- function(nblocks=10, means=c(0,0,0), within.sd=1, between.sd=1) {
  g <- factor(rep(seq_len(nblocks), each=length(means)))
  t <- rep(seq_along(means), nblocks)
  y <- means[t] + rnorm(nblocks, 0, between.sd)[g] + rnorm(length(g),
0, within.sd)
  friedman.test(y ~ t | g)$p.value
}

# test size of test
out <- replicate(1000, simfun())
hist(out)
mean(out <= 0.05)

# now for power
out2 <- replicate(1000, simfun(nblocks=25, means=c(10, 10.5, 11)))
hist(out2)
mean(out2 <= 0.05)

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 1:40 PM George Karavasilis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am running a non parametric repeated measures experiment with
> Friedman’s test:
>
>          Friedman rank sum test
>
> data:  glikozi and week and subject
> Friedman chi-squared = 18.538, df = 3, p-value = 0.0003405
>
> How could I run a power analysis for this test in R?
> Thank you!
>
> --
> George Karavasilis
> Department of Business Administration &
> Serres, Greece
>

> ---
> Αυτό το e-mail ελέγχθηκε για ιούς από το πρόγραμμα Avast antivirus.

Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.