problem in installing R packages on linux

problem in installing R packages on linux

Niels Steen Krogh
install.packages("BayesTree")

Is my guess for using function BART

/Niels

Niels Steen Krogh
Konsulent
ZiteLab ApS

Mail: ---------- [hidden email]
Telefon: ------- +45 38 88 86 13
Mobil: --------- +45 22 67 37 38
Adresse: ------- ZiteLab ApS
---------------- Solsortvej 44
---------------- dk - 2000 F.
--- og ---
---------------- ZiteLab ApS
---------------- Refshalevej 110a
---------------- dk - 1432 kĂžbenhavn k

Web: ----------- www.zitelab.dk
CVR: ----------- 29178364
Bank: ---------- Sparbank Vest

Ejer: ---------- ZSRK Group Holding

Re: problem in installing R packages on linux

Liviu Andronic
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Niels Steen Krogh
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> install.packages("BayesTree")

What is the error message?
Liviu

A question about environments

David Vavra
I have been using separate environments to partition my data and functions
into logical groups but I have been having an odd (to me) problem.

To load and manipulate the data environments, I wrote a couple of small
functions (see below). The problem seems to be that when I initially try to
load the environment, often no data can be found but if I repeat the
function call, it then works.

It appears that the CreateEnv function sometimes returns a different
environment value than as.environment does. Not always, this is puzzling. I
discovered this by saving the returned value. That environment contains the
data.

Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks,
DAV

 -------

# return a named environment or, if needed, create and attach it

CreateEnv <-
function(name, clear=FALSE) {
        if (name %in% search()) {
                env <- as.environment(name)
                if (clear)
                        rm(list=ls(name),envir=env)
                return(env)
        }
        env <- new.env()
        attach(env, name=name)
        env
}

LoadEnv <-
function (envname, fname=NULL, ret=FALSE) {
        if (is.null(fname)) fname <- paste(envname,'Rdata',sep='.')
        env <- CreateEnv(envname)
        load(file=fname, envir=env)
        if (ret)
                return(env)