problem installing R and RStudio

Carlos Gonzalez
Dear,

I've just installed R and RStudio. Opening RStudio the following appears in
the console.

R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10) -- "Bunny-Wunnies Freak Out"
Copyright (C) 2020 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘stats’ in inDL(x,
as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
 unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
Files/R/R-4.0.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

During startup - Warning message:
package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
Files/R/R-4.0.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

I would very much appreciate it if you could help solving this problem.

Saludos / Regards

Carlos A. Gonzalez
Mobile +598 94 234 653

Re: problem installing R and RStudio

Jeff Newmiller
Your installation of R seems broken. Since RStudio sometimes tries to simplify things and sometimes misses and we aren't typically up to speed with their latest procedures, please describe what you did to install R in terms related to the instructions on CRAN [1] and its install program. When you can run R from RGui or the CMD prompt then you may get lucky and RStudio will just work. If you aren't lucky connecting your working R to RStudio  then you will probably need to ask them [2] for assistance.

Also, the Posting Guide points out that this is a plain text mailing list... sending HTML email through this list is erratic... if you want to insure we get your message as you sent it, set your email client to send plain text format.

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/
[2] https://community.rstudio.com/

On January 25, 2021 2:40:45 PM PST, Carlos Gonzalez <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear,
>
>I've just installed R and RStudio. Opening RStudio the following
>appears in
>the console.
>

>R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10) -- "Bunny-Wunnies Freak Out"
>Copyright (C) 2020 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
>Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
>
>R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
>Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
>
>  Natural language support but running in an English locale
>
>R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
>Type 'contributors()' for more information and
>'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
>
>Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
>'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
>Type 'q()' to quit R.
>
>Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘stats’ in inDL(x,
>as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
> unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
>Files/R/R-4.0.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
>  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
>
>During startup - Warning message:
>package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
>Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
>  unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
>Files/R/R-4.0.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
>  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
>>
>I would very much appreciate it if you could help solving this problem.
>
>Saludos / Regards
>
>Carlos A. Gonzalez
>Mobile +598 94 234 653
>[hidden email]

Re: problem installing R and RStudio

John Kane-3
A couple of Window solutions
https://community.rstudio.com/t/problems-with-r-4-0-0-windows-error-package-or-namespace-load-failed-for-stats-in-indl-x-as-logical-local-as-logical-now/62958

https://github.com/rdotnet/rdotnet/issues/62

No idea if they are of any use.

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 19:43, Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Your installation of R seems broken. Since RStudio sometimes tries to
> simplify things and sometimes misses and we aren't typically up to speed
> with their latest procedures, please describe what you did to install R in
> terms related to the instructions on CRAN [1] and its install program. When
> you can run R from RGui or the CMD prompt then you may get lucky and
> RStudio will just work. If you aren't lucky connecting your working R to
> RStudio  then you will probably need to ask them [2] for assistance.
>
> Also, the Posting Guide points out that this is a plain text mailing
> list... sending HTML email through this list is erratic... if you want to
> insure we get your message as you sent it, set your email client to send
> plain text format.
>
> [1] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/
> [2] https://community.rstudio.com/
>
> On January 25, 2021 2:40:45 PM PST, Carlos Gonzalez <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >Dear,
> >
> >I've just installed R and RStudio. Opening RStudio the following
> >appears in
> >the console.
> >

> >R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10) -- "Bunny-Wunnies Freak Out"
> >Copyright (C) 2020 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
> >Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
> >
> >R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> >You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
> >Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
> >
> >  Natural language support but running in an English locale
> >
> >R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
> >Type 'contributors()' for more information and
> >'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
> >
> >Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
> >'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
> >Type 'q()' to quit R.
> >
> >Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘stats’ in inDL(x,
> >as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
> > unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
> >Files/R/R-4.0.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
> >  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
> >
> >During startup - Warning message:
> >package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
> >Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
> >  unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
> >Files/R/R-4.0.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
> >  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
> >>
> >I would very much appreciate it if you could help solving this problem.
> >
> >Saludos / Regards
> >
> >Carlos A. Gonzalez
> >Mobile +598 94 234 653
> >[hidden email]