problem with R installation package

Gallon Régis
Dear,

I have created my first package "G2Sd : Grain Size Statistiques and
Description". I submitted it to the CRAN after I have checked the
tar.gz file. All was ok, but since it is on the CRAN I can't install
it :

In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
   package ?G2Sd? is not available (for R version 2.13.2)

I've got the same message with R 2.14.1.

In the description file, I wrote in the "Depends" item R (>=2.10.0)
In the namespace file :
  import("stats","graphics")
  export(granstat,granplot)

Can you help me?

Regis

Régis GALLON
Doctorant MNHN

Station Marine de Dinard
Centre de recherche et d'enseignement sur les écosystèmes côtiers
38 rue du Port Blanc, 35800 Dinard.
----------
PhD student
French national museum of natural history

Dinard Marine Station
Center for research and teaching on coastal ecosystem
38 rue du port blanc,
35800 Dinard, FRANCE

web : http://regisgallon.wordpress.com/
Tél : +33 (0)2 23 18 58 85
Fax : +33 (0)2 23 18 58 80
Port : +33 (0)6 60 84 38 12

Re: problem with R installation package

Dan Tenenbaum
2012/1/9 Gallon Régis <[hidden email]>:

> Dear,
>
> I have created my first package "G2Sd : Grain Size Statistiques and
> Description". I submitted it to the CRAN after I have checked the tar.gz
> file. All was ok, but since it is on the CRAN I can't install it :
>
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>  package ?G2Sd? is not available (for R version 2.13.2)
>
> I've got the same message with R 2.14.1.
>
> In the description file, I wrote in the "Depends" item R (>=2.10.0)
> In the namespace file :
>  import("stats","graphics")
>  export(granstat,granplot)
>
> Can you help me?

Looks like it hasn't (yet) build for all platforms; try
install.packages("G2Sd", type="source")

Dan

> Regis

> Régis GALLON
> Doctorant MNHN
>
> Station Marine de Dinard
> Centre de recherche et d'enseignement sur les écosystèmes côtiers
> 38 rue du Port Blanc, 35800 Dinard.
> ----------
> PhD student
> French national museum of natural history
>
> Dinard Marine Station
> Center for research and teaching on coastal ecosystem
> 38 rue du port blanc,
> 35800 Dinard, FRANCE
>
> web : http://regisgallon.wordpress.com/
> Tél : +33 (0)2 23 18 58 85
> Fax : +33 (0)2 23 18 58 80
> Port : +33 (0)6 60 84 38 12

Re: problem with R installation package

Jeroen Ooms
Hi Regis,

As you can see on the cran page of your package, no binaries have been build yet for windows or osx. This can take a couple of days, you have to be patient. For now you can install your package from source using:

install.packages("G2Sd", type="source")

ps: This is a question for the r-help mailing list, not r-devel.

Re: problem with R installation package

Martin Maechler

    > Hi Regis,

    > As you can see on the cran page of your package, no binaries have been build
    > yet for windows or osx. This can take a couple of days, you have to be
    > patient. For now you can install your package from source using:

    > install.packages("G2Sd", type="source")

    > ps: This is a question for the r-help mailing list, not r-devel.

Yes, indeed!

Martin Maechler

Re: CRAN binary packages (was problem with R installation package)

Prof Brian Ripley
On 10/01/2012 08:16, Martin Maechler wrote:

>      >  Hi Regis,
>
>      >  As you can see on the cran page of your package, no binaries have been build
>      >  yet for windows or osx. This can take a couple of days, you have to be
>      >  patient. For now you can install your package from source using:
>
>      >  install.packages("G2Sd", type="source")
>
>      >  ps: This is a question for the r-help mailing list, not r-devel.
>
> Yes, indeed!
>
> Martin Maechler

Except that for Windows binaries packages, people are asked in several
places (including the @ReadMe and the rw-FAQ) not to ask about them on
R-help, and for Mac binary packages only R-sig-mac is possibly appropriate.

There are only a handful of people who could do anything about binary
packages, and they are very busy people and probably only skim R-help at
most.  If there really is a problem not explained by impatience or the
results on the CRAN log page at
http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_summary.html it would be best
to contact them directly: but please check carefully that there is not
yet an explanation on e.g. R-sig-mac.

The whole CRAN process is running close to its human and machine
resource limits: there are plans afoot to ease some of the pressures,
but they too need resources to design and implement.

It would help a lot if people would follow the checklist in 'Writing R
Extensions' and the policies linked from
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/index.html, and in particular not
submit too-frequent updates and submit tarballs that check cleanly and
have been checked on win-builder.  And definitely: send a submission
email mentioning the package in the subject line.

Slightly off-subject (but applied to Regis' submission):  CRAN is
nowadays taking some NOTEs as more serious, so e.g.

- new submissions are required to have a NAMESPACE file and updates will
get nagged to add one.

- packages are expected not to call C/C++ assert, abort, exit or FORTRAN
stop, so please address that before submission.  (The reason this is
still a NOTE is that there are false positives on some platforms: check
on Linux if at all possible.)