problem with Rcmdr Plugins

Hodgess, Erin
Dear R Development People:

I have written a couple of plugins for Rcmdr and they do not seem to work with R-2.11.0.

Here is the output:
> library(RcmdrPlugin.epack)
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---

Rcmdr Version 1.5-4

Attaching package: 'Rcmdr'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:tcltk':

    tclvalue

    'tseries' version: 0.10-22

    'tseries' is a package for time series analysis and computational
    finance.

    See 'library(help="tseries")' for details.

Error : package 'rgl' is required by 'RcmdrPlugin.epack' so will not be detached
Error in library(RcmdrPlugin.epack) :
  .First.lib failed for 'RcmdrPlugin.epack'

This is on a Windows XP.  I'm downloading the Rcmdr requirements on a Linux machine as we speak.

Have you run into this please?
Thanks,
Erin

Erin M. Hodgess, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: [hidden email]

Re: problem with Rcmdr Plugins

John Fox
Dear Erin,

I'm not sure why this is a problem with R 2.11.0 and not with earlier
versions (I'm sure that someone else will be able to answer), but it is
unnecessary for your plug-in package to require rgl, since rgl is already
loaded by the Rcmdr package at startup if it is present. The same is true of
tseries, abind, and MASS.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox