problems with greek language on windows

Pierre Ratinaud
Hello,

I've seen two computers in Greece which have the following problem. They
are both windows 10 computers with R 3.6.2. These both windows are asked
to use english or french as main language. In this context, if users
switch their keyboard to write greek, they cannot use greek input in the
command line of the interface of R or print graphics with greek
letters/words coming from an input file : every characters are replaced
with a latin letter with an accent. Greek letters are ok in options box
of the preferences of the interface.

Does anybody know how it's possible to use greek language in R in this
context ?

Best regards

Pierre Ratinaud

--
Pierre Ratinaud
Maître de conférences

Re: problems with greek language on windows

Ioannis Dimakos-2
You could try

> Sys.setlocale("LC_CTYPE", "Greek")
and it should work.

Best,

Ioannis

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 5:59 PM Pierre Ratinaud <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've seen two computers in Greece which have the following problem. They
> are both windows 10 computers with R 3.6.2. These both windows are asked
> to use english or french as main language. In this context, if users
> switch their keyboard to write greek, they cannot use greek input in the
> command line of the interface of R or print graphics with greek
> letters/words coming from an input file : every characters are replaced
> with a latin letter with an accent. Greek letters are ok in options box
> of the preferences of the interface.
>
> Does anybody know how it's possible to use greek language in R in this
> context ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Pierre Ratinaud
>
> --
> Pierre Ratinaud
> Maître de conférences
> Département des Sciences de l'Education et de la Formation
> Laboratoire LERASS : http://www.lerass.com/
> Université Toulouse - Jean Jaurès : http://www.univ-tlse2.fr/
> tel : 05 61 50 42 28

Ioannis Dimakos, PhD
University of Patras
Dept. of Educational Sciences & Social Work
Patras, GR-26500 Greece
T: +30-2610-969740, F: +30-2610-969780, M: +30-6977-646059
Email: [hidden email]
http://www.elemedu.upatras.gr/info/dimakos
http://about.me/idimakos