"duplicate couples (time-id)" Problem

Saint
Hi!

Would be grateful if somebody helped me understand this error message after trying to run a panel data:

PanelData <- read.xls("/Users/Bahman/Desktop/Taylor rule/Data/PanelData2.xls")

attach(PanelData)

# Panel Data regresson for all countrys.
> Answer <- plm(NOM.INT.RATE ~ INFL + TARGET.INFL + DEVIATION.FROM.TARGET.INFL + NOM.INT.RATE , data=PanelData, model="within")
> duplicate couples (time-id)
Error in pdim.default(index[[1]], index[[2]]) :

What does this error mean? What am I doing wrong?

/ Saint

Re: "duplicate couples (time-id)" Problem

Uwe Ligges-3

On 12.07.2012 17:38, Saint wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Would be grateful if somebody helped me understand this error message after
> trying to run a panel data:
>

> PanelData <- read.xls("/Users/Bahman/Desktop/Taylor
> rule/Data/PanelData2.xls")
>
> attach(PanelData)
>
> # Panel Data regresson for all countrys.
>> Answer <- plm(NOM.INT.RATE ~ INFL + TARGET.INFL +
>> DEVIATION.FROM.TARGET.INFL + NOM.INT.RATE , data=PanelData,
>> model="within")
>> duplicate couples (time-id)
> Error in pdim.default(index[[1]], index[[2]]) :
>
> What does this error mean? What am I doing wrong?

I never used that package and have not looked into it, but reading the
message suggests that you have at least one id appearing at least twice
at the same time?

Uwe Ligges

> / Saint

Re: "duplicate couples (time-id)" Problem

Saint
Thank you!

Problem solved! There where two identical observations.