"global parameter" warning using data.table in package.

"global parameter" warning using data.table in package.

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen
Hi,

  I am converting a couple of functions into a R-package. Many of the
functions use data.table.
  I have two questions using data.table in my own package.
  Normally I would put each question in separate emails but I think they
might be connected.

First question is short and I think the answer is yes.
1. Do I always need to prefix data.table each time I use something from
that package?
Eg. DT <- data.table::data.table(x=rep(c("b","a","c"),each=3), y=c(1,3,6),
v=1:9)

Second question is longer.
2.  In this small example code:
hello <- function() {
  DT <- data.table::data.table(x=rep(c("b","a","c"),each=3), y=c(1,3,6),
v=1:9)
  DT[, .(sum(v))]
}

I get these warnings from R CMD check:
hello: no visible global function definition for ‘.’
hello: no visible binding for global variable ‘v’
Undefined global functions or variables:
  . v

According to: vignette("datatable-importing", package = "data.table")
The solution is
hello <- function() {
  v <- NULL
  . <- NULL

And it works but looks a bit weird.
Is there a better solution?

Regards
Martin

Re: "global parameter" warning using data.table in package.

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen
Please ignore my previous email. I just found the R-package-devel mailing
list.

--
Til uvedkommende, der læser med: Der er ingen grund til at læse min
mail. Jeg har intet at gøre med FARC, al-Jihad, al-Qaida, Hamas, Hizb

Leve Ligemageriet!
Styrk pøbelvældet!
Bevar misundelsesafgifterne og cafepengene!
Hurra for ældrebyrden!

Re: "global parameter" warning using data.table in package.

Bert Gunter-2
I believe these questions belong on r-package-devel, not here.

sticking things into it."