rNOMADS Package

Phillip Heinrich
Does anyone out there have any advise about how to download the wgrib2 software from the National Weather Service onto a Windows 10 computer?

I tried using the instructions from Bovine Aerospace website but am not sure if it loaded correctly.

Thanks,
Philip

Re: rNOMADS Package

Rasmus Liland-3
Dear Philip,

On 2020-06-23 14:19 -0700, Philip wrote:
> Does anyone out there have any advise about
> how to download the wgrib2 software from
> the National Weather Service onto a Windows
> 10 computer?

I don't run Windows, but the wgrib2 page [1]
says you install [2] it in in Cygwin [3].

> I tried using the instructions from Bovine
> Aerospace website but am not sure if it
> loaded correctly.

This might not be the appropriate forum, you
might try a Cygwin list [4] instead.

If you quit gaming on Windows, and swich to
ArchLinux at some point, it's just a matter
of installing the package from Arch User
Repository [5]  :-)

Best,
Rasmus

[1] https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/wgrib2/
[2] https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/wgrib2/compile_questions.html
[3] https://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup.html
[4] https://www.cygwin.com/lists.html
[5] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wgrib2/

Re: rNOMADS Package

Rasmus Liland-3
On 2020-06-25 18:00 +0200, Rasmus Liland wrote:
> it's just a matter of installing the
> package from Arch User Repository

wgrib2 is such a complex program.  How can it
be compiled anyway?  Seems impossible.

Linking libjasper.so and mysqlclient.so and
using the anaconda build like sundar_ima
suggests [2] seems to work ... but might
cause failures later ...

[1] https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/wgrib2/files
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wgrib2/#comment-730699