random effects

Rosario Garcia Gil-2
Hello

I have a data set with fixed and random effects, therefore I am using the lme function:

lm(y ~ xfixed, random=~1|xrandom, data)

After this I want to get the F-values for both the fixed and random predictors. I can easily get the F-value and df for the xfixed predictors (anova()), but how to get the F-value for the xrandom predictors?

Thanks in advance.
/R

Re: random effects

David Winsemius

On Sep 29, 2011, at 5:34 PM, Rosario Garcia Gil wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a data set with fixed and random effects, therefore I am
> using the lme function:
>
> lm(y ~ xfixed, random=~1|xrandom, data)
>
> After this I want to get the F-values for both the fixed and random
> predictors. I can easily get the F-value and df for the xfixed
> predictors (anova()), but how to get the F-value for the xrandom
> predictors?

As the (draft) FAQ says:    "... perhaps you shouldn't".

http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT

Re: random effects

Rich Shepard
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, Rosario Garcia Gil wrote:

> I have a data set with fixed and random effects, therefore I am using the lme function:

Rosario,

   Allow me to recommend reading "Mixed Effects Models and Extentions in
Ecology with R" by Zuur, et al. There are (potentially) serious limitations
of linear regressions to ecological/environmental data and their book
provides both theory 10 detailed case studies.

Rich