read.xlsx

R Help
Hello list,

Is anyone else having problems with read.xlsx?  I used it on a project
at the end of last week, and now the same code is throwing an error:

dat=read.xlsx("data.xlsx",sheetIndex=1)
Error in .jcall("RJavaTools", "Ljava/lang/Object;", "invokeMethod", cl,  :
  org.apache.poi.POIXMLException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

I'm not sure if my java has been updated recently, my current version is:

java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.3) (6b24-1.11.3-1ubuntu0.11.04.1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

Any ideas?  Thanks,
Sam Stewart