release memory

dys0022
I am a new R user with the latest Ubuntu release.
My executions consume large amount of memory (up to 1.6 GB). When I try to release the memory using "rm(list=ls())", R still occupies 1.6GB. (I also tried to use rm on the specific arrays which I know to be large).
What could be the reason for that?

BTW I am using the randomForest package.

Thanks

Re: release memory

milton ruser
Try gc()

best
milton

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:16 PM, dys0022 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am a new R user with the latest Ubuntu release.
> My executions consume large amount of memory (up to 1.6 GB). When I try to
> release the memory using "rm(list=ls())", R still occupies 1.6GB. (I also
> tried to use rm on the specific arrays which I know to be large).
> What could be the reason for that?
>
> BTW I am using the randomForest package.
>
> Thanks

Re: release memory

dys0022
'gc();' solved my problem.