set locale information in R

Raji
Hi R-helpers,

  Is it possible to localise the error messages/warnings that comes from R.My application takes in a locale information.I used the following command to set the locale in R.But in RGui, i still get the error messages in English only.Can you please help me out with this?

Sys.setlocale("LC_ALL", "French")

Regards,
Raji

Re: set locale information in R

Raji
Hi Rhelpers,

  Do we need to install some font packages in R for the locale information to take effect.
Alternatively, i found that we can use the following command for the messages

Sys.setlocale("LC_MESSAGES","French")

Should this be done for getting error messages in French? The help for setLocale says that the "LC_MESSAGES" cannot be set for Windows.

Can you please let me know how i can get the error messages in the locale set?
Please do apologize if i am missing something obvious here.

Thanks,
Raji

Re: set locale information in R

Uwe Ligges-3
Try

Sys.setenv("LANGUAGE"="Fr")

Uwe Ligges

On 07.04.2011 10:29, Raji wrote:

> Hi R-helpers,
>
>    Is it possible to localise the error messages/warnings that comes from
> R.My application takes in a locale information.I used the following command
> to set the locale in R.But in RGui, i still get the error messages in
> English only.Can you please help me out with this?
>
> Sys.setlocale("LC_ALL", "French")
>
> Regards,
> Raji

Re: set locale information in R